Tree planting is a great activity – it’s social (or not, depending on how you’re feeling!), good exercise, it gives you that feel-good factor, and at the end of the day you can see that you’ve achieved something tangible. You know that with each tree you plant you’re creating a potential nest site, food resource, or shelter for birds, bats, mammals and invertebrates – and also storing carbon of course. And its suitable for absolute beginners – no previous experience necessary.
We’ve even got some sessions in that tricky week between Christmas and New Year…so if you need to blow away the cobwebs, take a break from the relatives, or burn off those extra mince pies then come and join us!
All sessions will start at 10am and last until mid-afternoon. Free to attend but booking essential please.
More details, including location and directions, will be sent out nearer the time to those on the booking list.
- Fri 16 December at Fir Tree Farm, Asterton
- Sun 18 December at Fir Tree Farm, Asterton
- Tues 20 December at Edgton
- Tues 27 December at Lydbury North
- Thurs 29 December at Rushbury, Church Stretton
- Wed 4 January at Ratlinghope
- Tues 10 January at Ratlinghope
- Thurs 12 January at Wentnor
- Sat 14 January at Lea Cross
- Mon 16 January at Pontesbury
- Thurs 2 March at Fir Tree Farm, Asterton
- Fri 3 March at Fir Tree Farm, Asterton
The Stepping Stones Team